Analyze Offline Files
(A demonstration video of this feature is available.)
The Cisco CLI Analyzer can analyze a text file (with an extension of .text or .txt) that contains the command output from a previous device session. The text file can also be compressed; supported compression formats include ZIP (.zip), GZIP (.gz), 7-ZIP (.7z), and RAR (.rar).
Note: The maximum file size you can upload, whether compressed or uncompressed, is 1 GB.
Include this content in the text file:
- The command (such as '# show version') that generated each output in the file
- Output from the show version command
- (Optional) Output from the show tech-support command; this is required in order to perform a full analysis
- (Optional) Output from other supported commands
Complete these steps in order to analyze a command output file:
- If you have not logged in using your Cisco account, log in now.
- Click the File Analysis tab.
- Perform one of the following steps in order to provide the text to analyze:
- Drag the text file onto the Click Here or Drop File to Analyze area.
- Click inside the Click Here or Drop File to Analyze area, browse to and select the text file, and click Open.
- Copy the command output text, click inside the Command Output area, and paste the copied text.
Analysis results appear in the Tool Results window.