The Devices page makes available a lot of information about each of your devices at a glance.
In the Grid View, information appears on device cards along with an image of the device (when available). The toolbar at the bottom of the device card provides options to open a session, view tool results, open a support case, and perform other functions.
The device card also displays the health of each device, according to the most recent scan. (Supported devices include: ASA, IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS, and WLC. The health information is based on the System Diagnostics tool results, except for WLC devices, which use Show Tech Diagnostics tool results.) You can click the Health information in order to open the Tool Results window for additional details.
Devices Page Features:
- Current Sessions: Click a device in order to switch to the console window for that device. A green circle appears beside devices with an active connection; a red circle appears beside disconnected devices. Click the X beside a device in order to close the current session and remove it from the list.
- Recent Sessions: Click a device in order to open the Session Login screen. Hover the pointer over a device in order to show the time and date of the last active session with that device. Click the X beside a device in order to remove the recent session from the list.
- Toolbar: The toolbar provides options that allow you to search and sort the device list, to perform bulk actions on selected devices, and to add, import, and export devices.
- Filters: Check filter check boxes in order to hide devices that do not match the filter criteria. Filters can be based on the devices that are marked as favorites or on tags added to devices. Click the button above the device list in order to show or hide the Filter area.
- Collapsible Sidebar: Click the button in order to collapse the sidebar to a reduced profile that displays icons only. Click the button in order to restore the sidebar to its normal width, with text labels.
You can perform these actions on devices in the list:
- Click the Connect button () below a device in order to connect to that device.
- Click the Tools button () below a device in order to view the tool results for the device in the Tools Results window.
- Click the Edit button () below a device in order to open the Edit Device window, where you can update device information.
- Click the Favorites button () below a device in order to mark the device as a Favorite. The button icon changes to an orange star (). Click the button again to remove the device from Favorites.
- Click the hyperlinked serial number of a device in order to check the service contract status of the device. The Cisco Device Coverage Checker tool opens in a browser window. (A demonstration video of this feature is available.)
- Hover the pointer over a device and click the Select button () in order to select the device. The device is highlighted and the Bulk Actions button becomes available. In order to deselect the device, click anywhere on the device.
- Click the Select All button () in order to select all devices in the list. The button icon changes () to show that all devices are selected. The Bulk Actions button becomes available.
- With one or more devices selected, click the Bulk Actions button () and then click an option in the drop-down list in order to perform that action (Connect, Check Coverage, Apply Credential Profile, Refresh Coverage, Delete Devices, Add Tags, or Delete Tags).
- Click the Sort By button () and choose a property from the drop-down list in order to sort the list of devices by the selected property.
- Click the Sort button () in order to change the sort order of the list from descending to ascending. The button icon changes to show an ascending sort order ().
- Check a check box in the list of filters in order to show only devices that match your selected filter. (For example, select the No Favorites check box in order to show only devices that are not marked as Favorites.)
- Enter a search term in the Search Devices field and press Enter in order to search the device list.